A “rebounder” is a mini trampoline for adults and has many wonderful health and fitness benefits. It is by far the best exercise equipment I have purchased. And it has been a part of my healing journey recovering from lead poisoning. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to use a rebounder. You simply get on and jump. Your feet don’t even have to leave the mat, just a slight bounce is enough to get your systems going. You can also do full workouts on your trampoline - Lots of inspiration on YouTube.
Rebounding on a trampoline is a metabolic supporting exercise – if you rebound at moderate pace, you can still breathe comfortably. It gets you moving without stressing your body.
"2 minutes of rebounding is equivalent to 6 minutes of running, 10 minutes of swimming and 22 mins of walking"
Rebounding is for everyone, it is especially great for people that are struggeling with their health as it is a gentle exercise. (Note: when healing from illness you should not overstrain your body in any way. Always listen to your body’s needs. Sometimes soft stretches, breathing exercises and a gentle bounce on your rebounder is all your body needs during times of healing.
According to NASA’s Journal of Applied Physiology, rebounding exercise is 68% more efficient than jogging. A study from NASA also found that a 150 pound individual spending 1 hour on a rebounder will burn more calories than the same person jogging for an hour.
"Fun fact: In the '80s, NASA began using rebounding on astronauts returning from space to regain bone and muscle density and get their systems flowing again."
Advantages of rebounding.
- Increases lymphatic flow in the body.
- Increases detoxification and cleansing of the body.
- Improves functioning of the immune system.
- Helps to reduce cellulite.
- Strengthens skeletal system and increase bone mass.
- Increases oxygen circulation leading to increased cell energy.
- Increases mitochondrial production and cellular energy.
- Exercise the body without adding excess pressure on feet and legs.
- Improves balance and posture.
- Can reduces body fat and increases muscle to fat ratio. Tones your body beautifully.
- Can improve the cardiovascular system.
- Can help to reduce and combat varicose veins.
- Improves effects of other exercises.
- It is very meditative.
- Lastly you can bounce in your Living room, in your garden or on your terrace. You can bounce while watching TV, listening to music or audio books. You can bounce any time of the day. Its great for parents too, who do not have an hour everyday to focus on exercise. With the rebounder you can sneak in the exercise 3 minutes at a time.
The information is presented for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any medical or psychological condition, nor to prevent, treat, mitigate or cure such conditions. Therefore, this information is not intended as medical advice, but it is a sharing of knowledge and information based on research and experience.